We spent the morning searching through yard sales, tag sales and a used book shop. Of course, we had to do lunch- fish 'n chips at the Merrie Olde Crafte Faire & British Festival. Awesome food aside, we came upon some vintage cookbooks that, if for no other purpose, shall provide some entertaining reading.
For a whopping $1 (US), we scarfed up 6 from the 1960s Better Homes and Gardens collection:
- So-Good Meals "100 tasty ways to please your family! How to eat at home and like it!" (!)
- Snacks and Refreshments "100 superb snacks- dips, nibbles, sandwiches, desserts, teatime tidbits"
- Meals with a Foreign Flair "100 recipes from 18 countries! Main dishes, desserts, breads, salads- prize souvenirs from around the world!"
- Meals in Minutes "Shortcut cooking, 180 recipes that BEAT THE CLOCK! Mealtime, on time, will be no problem!"
- Cooking with CHEESE
- And the piece de resistance... Jiffy Cooking!
Once we were home, I realized there was a cookbook Don has had since before I even met him. The elusive Cookies and Candies:
We can't wait to see what memories will come back to us and possibly new food memories that await! I'll keep you posted...