Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bison Chip Dip

I wouldn’t consider myself a connoisseur of chip dips, but I have yet to find one that surpasses or even matches Bison Chip Dip. Though the name has apparently changed to french onion dip, it’s still the best out there. I’ve tried other brands of pre-made dip and even packets you mix into sour cream. They don’t quite cut it. Some are way too oniony, others are too salty. There’s something about Bison Chip Dip. Perhaps it contains, as Don would explain, the “more ingredient.” Some secret ingredient that keeps you going back for more.

Thinking back, Bison Chip Dip makes me think of Troyer Farms potato chips. Crinkle cut in the blue bag. Crinkles made for better dipping- more places to hold the dip! It was a classic combination and, to my knowledge, the only combination allowed in our house. We were all chip heads, so we took our snacking seriously.

You know it’s serious when there are pages on Facebook devoted to the heavenly dip. Even more serious when you’re actually a member. Totally serious when you post on said page. Oh yeah, it’s that good. It’s even the official dip of the Buffalo Bills. I mean, how many NFL teams have an official dip? (Insert joke here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment